Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

11)         Reading.
                                    With my reading notes, I have noticed some good/bad changes. In the very beginning, I just used to summarize what would happen in the story, which would help me on the Weds when I would need to write me stories. This, however, was not what the reading assignments were looking for. Then I switched to just jotting down ideas and key/interesting facts that I wanted to write about (which is was the assignment wanted). I am starting to read like a writer, but it is very difficult for me. I love the comics and film version of the readings. I feel this best helps be creative cause I can visualize the characters and from reading about their actions I can make them into my own characters.

22)         Writing.
                                    I am pretty proud of the stories I have written so far. Most of the stories I have written are love stories, but I have branched out. I have written a lot of love stories because they are easy to come up with for me, and if the story already has a man and woman character, I instantly think of them being in love. If I ever have trouble I look to the story idea generator. If whatever the idea doesn’t pertain to my reading for that week, I just refresh the page. I took the story idea generators advice twice so far, and I feel that has helped me tremendously. I would like to try writing children stories, and the fake Facebook post. I definitely want to master coming up with different styles and sway from just writing in past tense, and stories without quotes.

33)         Connecting.

                                    I admire others sense of creativity. I have read stories that are made into tv shows, or therapy sessions, and more. I love how people have dialogue and some even describe the characters before telling the story. I feel like my feedback had been pretty well thought out. I try to help them out as much as I can with grammatical errors, and also telling them what they are doing well on. In the rest of the semester, I want to improve on giving people compliments on their creativity specifically.  

I chose this picture because it encourages you to write from your own perspective indirectly. Photo Credits: Stone Wall Services

1 comment:

  1. I love your commentary on the reading notes. I am trying to get away from summarizing, and I think that I've been pretty successful, but it certainly isn't easy. I've tried to delineate between summary and story ideas by delineating with the phrase "story idea", which is something that you might find helpful if you want to try! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete