Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

Reading Options

I decided to choose the first reading option of the Ramayana. I decided to choose this version because it was written with modern terminology. I have difficulty understanding historical text all the time, so I assume reading the modern version first would be helpful. Also I like to read books in text form, I hate when I have to read off the screen. ( I know that this class requires a lot of screen reading, but I do not mind instructions as much.) I looked throught the Reading Guidelines for both the reading options. I like how it was split up between four sections and each section had subtitles with the story titles listed. I like how there is a brief summary of each story within the reading groups. The story I am most excited to read about is the story of "Rama tests Sita". I read from earlier, in one of the storybooks. a short version of this tale.

Here is Sita being tested by Fire. Picture credit: Indian Epics: Images and PDE Epics


In the past semester I took a class called "World Religion". The class was not what I expected. We only talked about one religeon and it happened to be Christianity. Although I did not have a good experience,  I am willing to try again with a form of religious class.

I myself, am Indian and am very cultured. I love listening to Indian music, and watching Indian movies. I have not lived in India for any part of my life, but I have visited about twice. I went both times during the summer, and stayed about two and half months both rounds. I love visiting India, and I hope to go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment