Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Reading Notes Part B Matsya


I was curious to know more about how the larger brain was born of Vishnu, and given to us to realize Vishnu. Does this in a way mean that humans have a form of Vishnu within themselves. I have watched at least two videos on the story of Manu and the fish. I really like this story, because this is the first way Vishnu interacts with humans. It is interesting to hear that only humans are capable to put might over everything. They are the only form of mammals to be able to feel empathy and from there create culture and community. However, I have seen culture and a sense of community by family in animals as well. The law of the jungle I feel really therefore applies to wild animals. “Culture is built on the destruction of a natural ecosystem”. This sentence really jumped out at me. I feel that this is the main point of Matsya’s secret, which is to realize that. I feel that many try to save lives, but in order to do so you have to take from another. I want to write a scene from a popular show I have seen “Grey’s Anatomy”. In that show there has been many moments where they have had to take body parts, or make skin graphs from another human in order to save the life of another. This I feel fits into the theme perfectly. We want the one who has deceased to get to share their last moments with their loved ones, and their loved ones want to let them rest in piece; but what decision should they make when they could with they passed loved one save another’s life. In the show these decisions have to be quick, and the deceased have to be put back into surgery right away. This I feel is the most crucial point, because in the video this is where the King Shibi was confused as to what answer the hawk with when asked “why should they die so that the dove can live?”.

This is a form of a "law" thats part of "The Law of The Jungle". The big fish eating the little fish. "Only the fit survive, and Might is right" Photo credits: Dreams Time

No comments:

Post a Comment