Monday, November 14, 2016

Reading Notes Week 13

Taking a switch on my readings, I decided to try the children’s novels. I truly liked the story of The Young Parent. In a sense it reminded me of me. In the story a parrot is raised by his parents to be a caring fellow. When the parents become weak, the young parrot then goes on to take care of them. I don’t want to write a story based on my own actions but I feel there are plenty of children out there who do the same for their parents. I feel this could be told in the general story that at the age of sixteen a boy/girl goes in search for a job. Then works to make enough money to not only sustain themselves but also repay their parents for all the years they helped them.

The Young Parrot bringing food back for his parents. Photo Credits:Twenty Kataka Tales

Reading the story of The Golden Feathers I instantly thought of greed. Greed is an easy thing to obtain I feel nowadays. Just as the wife in the story, many are not grateful for what fortunes that come to them, and only when tragedy strikes is when they realize what they had. This can be written in many ways. 

The story of Bayan was beautiful as well. I like how the deer was able to make to where all creatures lives were spared at the end. I feel this ties well with a story of protest. I am unsure what type of protest, but I feel that I could easily use details from this story. I have read many stories of people giving up something of their own so that they could help save a life of another. That relating to what Bayan did for the mother doe.


I want to try to incorporate a little from each story without making my own story confusing. I know this will be a challenge, but I feel after more readings it shouldn’t be that hard.

Bibliography:

No comments:

Post a Comment