Monday, November 7, 2016

Reading Part C: Kurma's Secret



This video was based on Lakshmi and her fight to be under/above ground. She provided a lot and represented mostly material objects. Her main focuses were on wealth, shelter, and food. In the beginning of the video she seemed to hold her own destiny, by being “restless” and moving from place to place without being under anyone’s control. Once Sachi had control she was stuck underground. Lakshmi has so many angles to her that I feel writing a story about her would be difficult to keep to her true self. With her comes her sister Alakshmi.
 She I feel is the protanct/antagonist of Lakshmi. I know that she creates problems, and drama. I feel that if writing about Lakshmi and Alakshmi, it would be similar to a Cinderella and her step sister’s story. I could change the story by making a character that is like Vishnu placed into the story. Vishnu in the video doesn’t see a difference in Lakshmi or Alakshmi. Since Vishnu still gives attention to Alakshmi I feel that he understand that she creates her destruction because of the fact that no one values her like they do her sister. Shiva also sees no difference but he only valued Alakshmi beucase no one else did so. I don’t want to write a love story, since this is just based on attention. Shiva is neutral in the situation of the Devas and Asuras, while Vishnu chooses the Devas side. 
Devas and Asuras working together to bring out Lakshmi. Photo Credits: Harekrsna


I don’t know how or if I would include them into my story. I feel that if I do it would become too comfusing. I am curious as to how Vishnu was able to get the Devas and Asuras to work together. I am intrigued with all the characters from Kurma’s secret, so I am drawing a blank as to how I want to write my story. 



Bibliography:
Reading Guide Part C


No comments:

Post a Comment