Sunday, September 4, 2016

Feedback Thoughts

Feedback Thoughts

I really enjoyed reading the Forbes "5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like a Champ". The first tip, and the  last tip to me were the most helpful. I feel that people who recieve negative comments, or what they believe are negative comments, often feel as if they need to defend themselves. I believe that most of the time, when someone is giving critizism they are not doing so to hurt onw, but to give them advice so they can improve. Also I like how the last tip is to basically be kind when responding to comments given to you. I feel that this is a huge part in recieving feedback, just because you should always give the benefit of the doubt when someone gives you feedback, and be kind to them.

On the post from "Overcoming The Fear Of Feedback",o I completely agree on the fact that people who are more insecure tend to give advice that is more positive. I agree becuase I am one of those types of people. I need to work on giving criticism, and not feeling that I am hurting the other person.


On giving feedback, I found it important to take yourself out of the feedback, just as Gravity Goldberg mentioned in "Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset". I feel the less personal the message and direct it is, the more people are willing to listen. From experience I feel that many believe that, since others have not been in their shoes they do not understand their story. With this mindset, I feel that they are less often to take feedback if it is personal.

I chose this image because not only does it relate to a person looking in a "mirror" when giving or even recieving feedback, but also because you have to look in a "mirror" sometimes and see where your self worth is sometimes. Image Credits: Hans Pama


This kind of goes hand in hand with the message the article "The difference Between Praise That Promotes Narcissism vs. Healthy Self-Esteem" protrays. I feel that people who think highly of themselves may have a reason to, but it is how they use this feeling is what counts. Many who have high self-esteem, reject others and their feedback because they are Narcissistcic, and believe to be the best. This can hurt their ability to improve. While those with the ability to improve and grow, can gain high self-esteem by being able to take feedback to improve themselves, and once they have changed they can see the better in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment