Monday, September 26, 2016

Reading Notes Part C : The Mahabharata

Reading Notes Part C : The Mahabharata

This week after reading the story of Arjuna and the huntsman, I was inspired to write a comic tale. I have used much dialogue, but I feel that it would be easy to write up a conversational argument the huntsman has with Arjuna. From the story they basically hit the same boar, and were in battle to see who would win the “game”. I know that Arjuna is  a main character of this book, but after reading other peoples story of bringing focus to minor characters; I want to display Arjuna in a light where all his work to become so strong is great but some sarcasm from the huntsman is portrayed. Making the huntsman a character that is pretty dominant I think will help with coming up with sarcastic dialogue.

Arjuna and the Hunter shooting at the same boar. Photo Credits: Sahapedia

To add on to the “making fun of” Arjuna, he was in a way pulled away from the battle by his father Indra. I feel like this could easily make for a fight between kids, where one of the parents get involved and calls a class meeting to order. The idea of grounding Arjuna could work as him going away to his father’s city. After he is released from being grounded; his friends (the Pandava brothers) can be waiting for him. This could incorporate the encounter the Padavas had with Indra and his city which was filled with crystals, gold and flowers. ( This could act as Indra’s house, and the “boys” could be visiting Arjuna after he is set free from his grounding.
Arjuna also goes and fights for the Pandavas to release the royal prisoners. This could add to Arjuna’s “badass” character that I want slightly portray.


Although in the real story Arjuna goes away with his father to another city, and after learning many talents fights off the demons of the world. I am not sure if I want to included it into my story.

Bibliography:

No comments:

Post a Comment