Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Reading Notes B: Mahabharata


Reading Notes B: Mahabharata 
The story of how the King killed the deer was very interesting. I want to rewrite this story and change how the topic was about sexual intercourse, to greed. Since the Brahmin had powers to make the kings death as he wished, I want to make this a big part of the story. The king in my case could already have a curse on him. I am not sure what I want to make it though just yet. This could cause him to try and bend rules; and force him to find food in other manners. Since the Brahmin was in the form of a deer when shot, I could make him the source of food the king was going for.

I also found the story of how Amba was trying to get revenge at Bhisma was suprising. I am curious about making a story of how someone would be willing to weaken themselves out to make a compromise to attempt to hurt someone else. She wasn’t promised that she would win the battle against Bhisma, but she was told by Vishnu that she could do it. I am not sure how I am going to twist the story from how she starved herself to what I am going to write about. Although I don’t know if she knew that Bhisma was granted to me both a human and divine. I want to twist the story to where Amba doesn’t turn into a man to over the battle, and instead stays as a woman just dressed in man clothes.

I am also thinking of writing a story of two lost brothers who do not know they are brothers fight over something, and find out they are brothers after the aftermath. This to match the story of Arjuna and his brother, who are sons to Kunti.

 
Arjuna. Photo Credits: Wikimedia

Bibliography:

No comments:

Post a Comment